Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Replaced transmission filter oil must have bumped cooler…

Replaced transmission filter oil...

Replaced transmission filter oil must have bumped cooler lines damaged quick connection at cooler fixed that still leaking at rear pan clip was missing from connection to transmission fixed that now does not shift properly not sure if too much oil pulling camper transmission got hotter than normal and didn’t want to get out of 4 th gear there is no foamy oil please help

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the gaskets? Maybe the hoses?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

2007 6.7

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just the message I typed earlier About transmission

3/16/2018
-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!!! I'm reading your question and will post a reply soon. Thank you for your patience.

How did the fluid look? Are there any codes for transmission in the PCM?

Fluid looked fine and no shavings on magnet
Please call me

If it won't shift out of 4th then the check engine light should be on and you will need to see what codes are setting so we can run the proper tests to determine the cause...

If you get the codes post them here..

Have H&M’s mini max no codes and no engine lights

When you say the transmission is getting hotter than normal, do you know what temp it's getting to?

Overheating is a sign of clutch slip or cooler failure. Have you tried to flush the cooler or replace it? If the transmission is overheating it will change to a different shift schedule to try and keep the fluid cool which could be your issues..

If it only overheats during towing I would replace the cooler and also press the tow haul button and see if it resolves your issues..

Brad

-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Yesterday it got to 180 is it possible I switched the lines by mistake would that affect it just checked fluid at 83 degrees and between cold and hot dots
eric remington
eric remington, FORMER SHOP OWNER/TECHNICIAN/INSPECTOR
Phone call session started