Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Trying to get EVP sensor to reset after clearing the engine…

Customer Question
Trying to get EVP...

Trying to get EVP sensor to reset after clearing the engine light. I have put approxmently 200 km on the car today and the EVP sensor is still flashing on my tester

Mechanic's Assistant: Has your vehicle stalled? Has anyone run a diagnostic test to pull the trouble code?

I have my own tester there are no codes on it right now because I fixed everything now I am doing the drive cycle to reset the ECM so i can do an e test on it

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

04 dodge intrepid 3.5 engine

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Intrepid yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, i have all the rest of the sensors set I went for a long drive were i can cruise along at 80 km or 50 miles per hour. I drove about 100 km and then shut it off for about ten min then drove about another 100 km and still it will not reset

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No i think that is it do you accept paypal

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dodge
3/16/2018
Dodge Mechanic: Robert R, ASE Certified Master replied 1 month ago
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'ll be assisting you with your question today. Please give me a few moments to review your question. Also keep in mind that I do not know your skill level or abilities so I may be asking a lot of questions before I can answer. In some cases we may need to respond to each other quite a bit before I can come up with a possible solution for you. As far as phone calls, If you didn't request it, it is most likely the Website prompting you, not me. A Live Call is a "Premium Service" and will cost more money. I prefer communicating via this site, but in some cases a phone call may be recommended.

The EVAP monitor needs an overnight soak for it to run properly. Let the vehicle sit overnight after about a***** Then in the morning, start the engine and let it idle for at least 10 minutes. The EVAP monitor should have ran and passed successfully at that point...

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

Robert

______________________________________

Please keep in mind, If I haven't clearly answered your question and you need additional info, please don't hesitate to ask "before" you Rate my Answer.

Remember, RATING is REQUIRED to credit me for helping you!

A "One Star" or "Two Star" rating does not automatically result in a refund so if you would rather have a refund, please reply and let me know BEFORE rating and I will submit a refund request with Customer Service on your behalf...

This site operates on the honor system, meaning I only get paid with a "3 Star" rating or better. Once you are satisfied with my service, please "Rate". Remember, you have already paid to use the site, all the rating does is allow the expert to be paid for his time and effort. Expert Payment comes out of the fee you have paid to use the service. Leaving no rating results in the WEBSITE retaining the payment and the Expert that helped you out receives no credit. Thanks in advance for a "5 Star" Rating.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks will try that

Sounds good. let me know how it goes....

Thank you,

Robert

****Please remember, this expert will not be paid for his time and effort unless you "Rate" leaving a "Positive" rating of 3 Stars or better. Thanks in advance for a positive rating ****

I just wanted to check in with you to see if you need more help with your concern. A non rated question normally times out within 7 days, so I wanted to stay in contact with you to see if the problem has been solved.

If I have helped you resolve your concern and you have already rated my answer, I want to say "Thanks", and let you know you can still follow up on this concern if needed. Also, I want to let you know you can bookmark ->>> My Profile Page <<<- in case you have another automotive question in the future. Make sure to begin your question with "Robert R" so I will be able to easily find it

If we are still working on your concern, please post a reply so we can continue.

If you are happy with my answer and have not left a rating, please do so asap to complete the transaction. It is greatly appreciated as I recieve no compensation until you do so...

If you're not satisfied with my answer, BEFORE rating, please post a reply with a short explanation as to why. I may have a better explanation for you... It also helps me to refine my answers to help future customers more thoroughly and efficiently.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The EVA is still flashing and now the code po306 has come back as well

Ok so you need to solve the problem that is causing the #6 cylinder misfire. Once this issue is solved, the EVAP monitor will run afterwards and you should be able to pass emissions.

What have you already done in repairs to this vehicle so far??

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have run my scanner on my car and the misfire could be the #6 injector . I have replaced map sensor,cam sensor, coilpack, spark plugs.The only thing I have not replaced is the injector on number 6 cyl. I have checked all wires.

You can either replace the #6 injector or swap it with say #4 and see if the code changes to P0304. IF you do the swap and the code changes then you can be sure that the injector is the problem before going ahead and replacing it...

Thank you,

Robert

Robert R
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master