Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

What's your charge for a pin code so I can program my new…

Customer Question
What's your charge for...

What's your charge for a pin code so I can program my new keys?

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

I need the pin code to program new keys I ordered. I have the programmer and the new keys just need to give you my vin or last 8 numbers actually and you should be able to locate the security code for the new keys.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

2012 ram 1500 please

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am bought it used from the dealer. They gave me one key and fob with it. I lost my keys recently so I ordered two new ones after looking up the right part number. The dealer never gave me the security code when I bought it. Now they refuse and insist I bring it to them and let them do it. I'm not paying $500 for two new keys that's ridiculous.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No just need to know how much this is going to cost me. Thanks

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dodge
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/15/2018
Dodge Mechanic: david craig, Auto Mechanic replied 4 months ago
david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi, my name is ***** ***** we are not allowed to give out codes any longer per Just Answer due to liability issues. You will need to contact your local dealer and they will be more than happy to help you as long as you provide proof of ownership. Thank you.