Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2003 Dodge caravan no intrument lites or gauges.? Does the…

2003 Dodge caravan no...

2003 Dodge caravan no intrument lites or gauges. ? Does the clusterhave power all the time diagram says yes but if that is the case where. Does the voltage come from because mine has none.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Clutter lites

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Caravan yourself? What have you tried so far?

Last ? Cluster ltes and yes I am working on it myself

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have checked with from Ipm to cluster and checked Ipm fuses (because the Ipm doesn't label anything resembling instrument cluster) checked connect ctions on bottom of Ipm.

3/14/2018
Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

What size engine do you have?

May I start by getting your VIN (if you have it)?

3.3L engine and vin# ***** thx.

So both the lights and gauges stopped working on the cluster?

And your sure all of the fuses are good?

I just pulled a wiring diagram for your instrument cluster based on the VIN.

The power supply comes from the 20 amp fuse number 24 in the integrated power module. Start by checking this fuse first and if good, check to see if this fuse has voltage on it. This fuse should have battery voltage on it at all times. If not, the integrated power distribution module could be faulty.

If this fuse is good and does have voltage on it, then check the brown/red wire going into the cluster for power. This will rule out a wiring issue on the power supply wire from fuse 24 to the instrument cluster.

I have attached the wiring diagram for this circuit for you below.

I am glad I can help! My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Checked all fuses on ipm ? How do you tell which fuse is fuse 24 it is not labeled on the ipm. Also checked continuity from pin6 of c9 on ipm to pin 6on inst. Cluster no continuity. ? Where is the physical location of break out point (high line low line). This thing is a real maze.
Oh a light came on in my brain I need to check volts at pin 6of c9 ipm and then go from there also need to know which fuse is fuse 24 not labeled as such on ipm.

Hello and sorry for the delay! Fuse 24 is on the left hand side of the diagram between two relays.

Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician
Ok the problem with the 2003 Dodge caravan that you helped me with turned out to be A bad wire going to instrument panel ,all works except gas gauge turn signal indicators and head light dimmer indicator. I was wondering if you could tell me where they
Connection point s206 (located on diagram just below the ipm with the two brown/red wires ) where is this physically located on the car. Hey thanks for the fuse box diagram. Helped.
Thx for the info amazing where do you get all these prints and diagrams. Thx again.

There are a few sites out there but they charge a monthly subscription that I have to pay for to gain access to this information.

Ok tell me where the message center is located the info I have doesn't show the location
Oh hey I got a message from my credit card company they said they turned down payment I told them to pay it so is that straight.

The Message Center is above the brow of the
Instrument Cluster. It houses the following warning
indicators: Check Engine/Service Engine Soon,
High Beam, Left and Right turn signals, Security
Alarm Set, and Low Oil Pressure

Ok if you have any billing related questions or issues, you can contact just answer through this page to get it corrected.