Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 1995 dodge ram 3500 12v cummins in our shop, We are…

I have a 1995 dodge...
I have a 1995 dodge ram 3500 12v cummins in our shop, We are trying to remove the camshaft, to repair an oil leak on the front cover and also install a new kdp, The problem is, we cannot get the camshaft out. I have done many of these on the 24 valve, but never a 12 valve, but they should be the same concept, We put wooden dowels to hold up the tappets, and were sure theyre all the way it, The cam will come out a few inches and then just stop.. Its very weird, Any Ideas.
3/14/2018
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 30+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

Did you remove the Fuel Pump? The fuel pump rides on a cam lobe and if you didn't remove the fuel lift pump, the Camshaft WILL NOT come out....

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Thank you, ***** ***** that out last night. But I will go ahead and rate you. Appreciate it.

Thank you..

Remember, if you need help in the future, you can always request me through >>> My Profile Page <<< (Bookmark this link and share it with your friends). Begin your question with “Robert R" so I will be able to easily find it

Robert