Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Firestone fixed my heater. Cruise control working before I…

Customer Question
Firestone fixed my heater...

Firestone fixed my heater. Cruise control working before I took it in. When I got it back it was working any more. I've taken it back twice and asked them to fix it, but they dont. It is still under warranty. Why aren't they fixing it. I understand they had to disconnect it to fix the heater. Can you shed some light on this.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse? What size is your engine?

I think its a 360 6 cylinder, sports model

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

Dodge dakoda 1998 Sport 6 cylinder

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I take it to Firestone

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I realize they had to do major disconnecting to fix the heater. They had to take off the inside dash in order to fix the heater. Is fixing the cruise control cause them to take apart the inside dash?

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dodge
3/14/2018
Dodge Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 1 month ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

It sounds like you are not diagnosing or fixing yourself and are asking what they may have missed or damaged?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
why haven't the fixed it? I'm wondering if it entails a lot of work?

More than likely they have bitten off more than they can do. You have to realize this place mainly installs tires. Now they have taken out your dash and are up against electrical work now. The most likely things they have caused and or overlooked is a wire connector near the steering column for the cruise switches or they have a vacuum leak since the cruise servo works off of vacuum.

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician