Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I went out and started durango. with the motor running I…

I went out and started...
I went out and started durango. with the motor running I started pushing the window controls and two of the windows started working. Still think I have a defective wire?
3/14/2018
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Mechanic

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

Maybe, try this little trick. Take a look when you open the door, you should see a rubber tube coming from the body, into the door. This has the wiring in it. Just try wiggling the whole thing a bit and see if it changes anything. If it does, then I would say yes, still inspect the wiring. If not, then I would suggest or be more inclined to say the switch is causing the issue.

Tried it and still 2 of windows work. Is the switch in the door? And can an old woman change it out? May be you could tell me kind of where it is and if it just plugs into something.

Let me see what it'll take to change it. I need a couple minutes to create a link for you.

This is how you replace it, but you have to take the door panel off to get to it.

REMOVAL
DRIVER SIDE FRONT DOOR
1. Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.
2. Remove the trim panel from the inside of the driver side front door.
3. From the back side of the trim panel, remove the screws that secure the power window and lock switch unit to the switch bezel in the door trim panel opening.
4. Remove the power window and lock switch and the switch bezel from the door trim panel.
5. Reverse the removal procedures to install. Tighten the mounting screws to 2.2 Nm (20 in. lbs.).

Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Mechanic

Click HERE to see how to remove the door panel, then you can decide if you want to tackle it or not.