Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Drivers side rear taillight is out. Brake light works and…

Customer Question
Drivers side rear taillight...

Drivers side rear taillight is out. Brake light works and signal works.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the bulbs? Have you checked the connection?

The light assembly was recently replaced and was out before the assembly was replaced

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

2012, 2500 Laramie

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 2500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, the Dodge garage replaced the assembly as a result of it being damaged by them

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have not checked fuses yet which is next on the list. I am not near the truck at this time but will be later today

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dodge
3/14/2018
Dodge Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

The tail lamps share the same fuse for both sides , that fuse is the fuse M35 located in the Underhood fuse panel and if your RH side tail lamp is working then the fuse should be okay. Power comes to both tail lamp circuits on the white/green wire. The place to start is checking the voltage at the Left rear lamp socket on the white/green wire. Also, check to see if you have a good ground on the black/gray wire at the lamp. If you find power and ground at the lamp then the problem is with the lamp. See the wiring diagram for testing reference in the link below. Check this for me and post back if you have more questions and or need more help.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/57h71k4v3kd6vb0/tail%20lamp%20circuit%20Mar%2014.pdf?dl=0