Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I disconnected the battery and now i cant get security to go…

I disconnected the battery...

I disconnected the battery and now i cant get security to go off and my car is immobolized

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

Yea battery test good

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

2000 dodge durango slt

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Durango yourself? What have you tried so far?

Lol ive tried every combition of unlocking doors no chip in key. Ive tried three replacement ctm and ive even ordered a replacement pcm with my vin programmed into it. Still nothing

Factory Security System
3/13/2018
Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician

Hello and welcome!

My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question.

hi

Have you checked for codes in the computer?

May I start by getting your VIN or engine size please?

Thank you!

Im at work so i dont have vin and its a 4.7

Ok would you like to continue later when your not at work?

only code it had before this was misfire cylinder 8
no im good on lunch
v8
You there?

Thank you for that information.

Does the engine crank over and not start or does it not crank over at all?

It would run for a few seconds at first now it wont start with security light flashing

got it! Thank you for that information.

Does the check engine light illuminate with the key on?

Do the gauges work with the key on?

Does the TPS have a 5 volt reference going to it with the key on?

Could a bad ground cause the ctm to not give ok to start to the pcm thru the bus communication

There is a communication issue on the vehicle?

the ctm controls the vtss security system my key won't disarm so engine is shutdown
It ran fine until I unhooked neg cable than it put security on and un able to disarm don't have a factory fob just door ignition key
You there

yes, one moment while I type

Thank you.

If there is a communication issue on the vehicle, that needs to be diagnosed and fixed first before moving forward. The root cause is the communication issue, not the security issue.

The communication issue is causing the security issue. Does that make sense?

but how can i find a short in the bus or any wiring

Based on my experience, the short is not going to be in the wiring. It is going to be in one of the modules. But you can certainly do a visual inspection of the wiring just to be sure.

To find out which module is shorted, you would disconnect one module at a time until communication resumes. When it does, that is the module that is faulty shorting out the BUS circuit.

I am glad I can help! My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

My ABS and brake lights was on before this could that be the module blocking communication

Absolutely

OK thank you!

Your welcome

Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician