Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 with 5.7 Hemi. I need an

Customer Question
I have a 2003...

I have a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 with 5.7 Hemi. I need an accelerator pedal position sensor (Mopar 53032456AE). This part is not in stock anywhere and is on an uncertain back-order and has been since last summer. Is there a work around? What can I do to get this truck back on the road? I have called and gone around to junk yards too. No one seems to have the part.

Mechanic's Assistant: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?

The “Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor”.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I got a “throttle body” warning light and the engine went into “limp mode”. I put a new throttle body on it. Then the auto parts guy said the computer needed to be flashed due to the new throttle body. I have taken it to the Dodge dealer. They “flashed” the computer. Still didn’t fix it. They weren’t sure, but noted that it could be the computer. I have put on an atmospheric sensor. I have put in another (flashed) computer.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

My brother is a mechanic. He has narrowed the problem down to (maybe) the accelerator pedal position sensor. I have been waiting for someone to come up with the part for about a year. No one has it, it seems. It is actually a Mercedes part.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dodge
3/12/2018
Dodge Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Have you tried a module rebuilding company yet?

No. I don’t know of any.

try these guys http://www.aesmodules.com/

they do all my rebuilds

What information do they need to know? Just the part #?

thats it, you send in your old one and they rebuild it

Ok, I have sent in an email inquiry. Waiting for response.

e mails take forever im calling them now, be right back

is this it?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Throttle-Position-Sensor-for-Dodge-Ram-Cummins-98-04-Bell-Crank-Diesel-Auto/281767526449?hash=item419aa74031:g:ShUAAOSwu4BVxBsS&vxp=mtr

I talked to that other place they dont rebuild it and I called all my other rebuilders they are no dice too, did you get that link I sent above?

No that isn’t it. Here are some pics of the module.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
Please note that it has 6 prongs “in line” on the connection. I see many similar modules with 2 rows of 3 ea pins offset. I need the one with 6 prongs “in line”.

ok cool, im looking now

I went to the Dodge dealership last Friday. He has had one on back order since November. He went on a part locator and found one in California. He said it was the only one he could find. I called California and they said that the part was actually damaged and that they were going to have it replaced when more become available.

I tried crossing up the values from each sensor and couldnt come up with anything, maybe someone else on here has some ideas ill open it back up to see if they have any ideas

Ok, thanks
Dodge Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 4 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Different expert here. Did you try Pure Diesel yet? They do show to have a "slightly used" one in stock

I have not tried Pure Diesel. Would it be the same part for a Hemi? What is the contact info?/ web site?
I found the website for Pure Diesel Power.com. But I don’t know where or how to locate the part.

It shows the same part number

https://puredieselpower.com/dodge-products/03-04-dodge-5.9l-cummins-apps-for-any-transmission-used.html

03-04 Dodge 5.9L Cummins APPS Used
Write a review

$440.00
Core Return Label (Pre-Paid):
(+$10.00)
Part number:
53032456AE-USED