Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2003 2500 5.7 and the defrost stopped working about…

I have a 2003...

I have a 2003 2500 5.7 and the defrost stopped working about a year ago. I quickly assumed it was a blend door problem and just this weekend too the HVAC box out and replaced all the doors. None of the original doors looked broken and after putting it all together nothing has changed? Whats the next step in diagnosing my problem?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is it your first time dealing with this issue?

No. I had the dealership fix a broken blend door about 4 years ago.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 2500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. I am a GM Tech and figured I could fix it myself. I properly removed the HVAC box from the vehicle and disassembled and replaced all doors and plastic knobs with Blend door USA aluminum doors.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That is all

3/12/2018
Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman

Hello, and welcome to just answer. If the doors themselves were not broken, then the only thing left would be the door actuator motor(s) and/or the HVAC control module. Try a new actuator first. If the problem continues, then replace the control module.

Chris

Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
That’s where I was leaning as well. Thanks for the quick and helpful answer.
You are very welcome! Thank you for the positive rating! I will leave this session open for a few days just in case you have any follow up questions.Chris