Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have not been successful in receiving an answer....my

I have not been...

I have not been successful in receiving an answer....my phone has several msgs from you but when I try the address I fail to get the one I want...I am the guy with a ram 1500 5.7 hemi, 2011 truck that I cannot start in the morning without a jump even though it has a new battery, good alternator and good starter,,,I live in SE Idaho

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

No, new battery installed yesterday

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Ram 1500?

2011

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I jump start in the morning cause that is the only way it will start,,,then it runs, starts OK until the next cold morning. Bought a new battery, am taking it in to a mechanic on Mon,

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just that I did check the fuses to make sure they were not loose or burned out

3/11/2018
Dan, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you. I am reviewing your question now, and will reply shortly.

You have a parasitic battery drain issue. To diagnose a battery draw test needs to be performed. A meter set to measure milliamps is used and connected in series with the negative battery cable. Then you will remove and install fuses one at a time until the battery drain goes down to 50 milliamps or less. This is how you will be able to narrow down which circuit in the vehicle is the problem.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Giving a positive (3 star or higher) rating would be appreciated
You can do this rating by clicking on the stars.
This will not close your question and we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free!
I do not get credit unless you give a positive rating.
If you give a negative rating (2 stars or less) that does not result in a refund.
So please ask what you need more help with and let’s get your question answered!

Dan, ASE Certified Technician