Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Moving to fairbanks alaska. what kind of block heater do i…

Moving to fairbanks alaska...

Moving to fairbanks alaska. what kind of block heater do i need for my 2008 jeep wrangler 3.8 liter v 6?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

I need to know what kind of block heater for my vehicle. I'm not asking about my coolant

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Wrangler yourself? What have you tried so far?

I want to put in a block heater for my jeep. I'm asking what type I can put in.

3/10/2018
Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Technician

Hello, I am Randall. I am working on answering your question now, Please allow me a few min to reply. Meantime? you may see a popup for phone call, I do NOT send this, the system does, I would prefer to keep in chat/email however, at times a call may help. I can not send files or diagrams via phone so lets start out in chat/email and go from there. Back shortly, Thanks

OK, 1st off, I am jealous, always wanted to go to Fairbanks. Enjoy. so to answer? you do in fact have choices as you know. You can do a dipstick oil heater OR an engine block heater, Actually one is only a little bit better than the other, The dipstick is easy easy and just insert the new heated dipstick in place of old dipstick and plug it in, Works well, heats oil and block, Now, the next step up? that would be a block heater and yes they make one for your Jeep, Similar as you plug in as needed but.. one needs to remove a freeze plug and install the block heater kit in place of freeze plug. Me? I would go with the full block heater,Yes, you may p[ay a couple hours labor to have installed but in long run well worth the extra time and expense. I kn ow there a few different makes etc but this one I have done before and works very well, The link is below to copy/paste. You can also Google dipstick oil heaters but will have to measure your dipstick to get correct length and order from there, I recommend one like the link, , Please use the star rating on your page to leave feedabck for my service provided today. Many thanks! Randall , Copy and paste this link

https://www.justforjeeps.com/enblhe.html?gclid=Cj0KCQiAoY7VBRDtARIsAHWoO-Iti5n6SIslkD6gqbx0JcGL4mO6cYH_3-sylyDjD-WYaUHJU6TAwYAaAk1wEALw_wcB

Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you sir. Can u tell me where I can order a freeze plug?
Phone call session started
Randall C
Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Technician