Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Etc seems bad, no fire after a new PCM is put in. 2014 1500…

Etc seems bad, no...

Etc seems bad, no fire after a new PCM is put in

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

2014 1500 5.7 hemi

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, the PCM was bad so i purchased a already fflashed PCm aqnd put it in, i had this issue before i replaced the pcm and my truck went into creep mode

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thats it

3/8/2018
-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Good eveningWhen you say the new PCM seems bad, what do you mean by seems bad? Also after replacing the PCM did you relearn the ETC with a scantool?
no , i dont think the new PCm is bad . What i was saying is prior to changing the PCM i experienced creep mode and a message to service the ETC. AFter putting in the new PCM i fired up the truck and it ran for 10 seconds and shut down, now it just cranks
i didnt use a scan tool to releaqrn the ETC
What P codes are setting in the PCM? And did you relearn the ETC with a scantool?
i would need to see the codes, haven't done that yet.
I didnt use s Scantool to relearn the ETC , didnt know i needed too. I do have a scanner though
Anytime you replace the PCM on a fly by wire like yours it’s required that you relearn the ETC. and if you can reply with the codes it has that would help me in diagnosing it. Do you have spark and fuel psi?
i will go run the scanner now and see what codes come up
i will do the scan and return in a little bit , may take 10-15 minutes
Take your time.
i cant find my code reader so i will have to borrow one and get back to you, The ETC issue came up before i put in the new PCM so you know . So basically i need to run codes and clear them to get it to work right?

Yes the first step to repairing this issue is to find out what is wrong, and the codes will tell me what is happening so I can better help you get this fixed..

Just reply here when you get the codes..

Thanksm

Brad

I see that this question is still open.. Did you need more help?

-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
finally got the codes.
P2127,P0652,U1424,
P2681,P0652,P26A6

Here are the two tests that you will need to follow to determine the cause of your issues...