Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My passenger slider door will only open 6 inches or so. It…

Customer Question
My passenger slider door...

My passenger slider door will only open 6 inches or so. It seems there is a wire with a spring on either side that isn't able to move and I can find it anywhere on line

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

It's a 2010 Dodge Grand caravan

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Grand Caravan yourself? What have you tried so far?

I'm still in trouble shooting mode. I can't seem to find where this cable would go

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It's a black coated cable with a spring on either end that connects to a u shaped plastic harness above the roller arm

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dodge
3/8/2018
Dodge Mechanic: -Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech replied 4 months ago
-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!!! I'm reading your question and will post a reply soon. Thank you for your patience.

One if the main issue we see here at the dealership with the sliding doors is wires breaking in the loom on the bottom. Have you opened up the wiring harness to inspect for any broken wires?

Do you have a picture of the cable you have questions about?

Did you inspect the wiring?

Sorry for the delay, just got home from the dealership..

Ok the picture you have circled is the latch release cable that only unlocks the latch when you have it wide open.. Just grab the handle and you will see it pull to release the latch. It has nothing to do with your issue of the door moving 6 inchs..

Did you inspect the wiring harness?

I will when I get home. The wire I circled seems to be stuck. It looks like it should go back and forth and continues around the back of the door track. When I watch the other door open and close it's almost like that's what pulling the door open and closed
Dodge Mechanic: -Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech replied 3 months ago

This question is still open? If you need more help feel free to reply and if not please don't forget to leave a positive rating so I get credit for helping you today..

Thanks,

Brad