Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Its not getting fuel to the injectors, i replaced lift pump…

Customer Question
Its not getting fuel...

Its not getting fuel to the injectors, i replaced lift pump already, and deleted the fuel heater, casue they can suck in air, i dont know if it has an air leak somewhere or what

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you actually see the leak?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

1994 dodge ram 3500 5.9 12 valve cummins

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am fixing it myself, i have, tried pumping the new lift pump, cracking bleeding injectors, new fuel filter, new lift pump, could it be the fuel solenoid

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dodge
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/8/2018
Dodge Mechanic: Robert R, ASE Certified Master replied 4 months ago
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 30+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

Yes, it could be the fuel cutoff solenoid. Do you see the solenoid pull up on the fuel shutoff lever when you try to start the engine? You may need a helper to crank the engine while you look to see if it does. IF it doesn't move, then with the ignition in the "On" position, manually pull up on the fuel shutoff lever and see if it stays up, If it does, try to start the engine. Let me know if it starts using this method...

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

I just wanted to check in with you to see if you need more help with your concern. A non rated question normally times out within 7 days, so I wanted to stay in contact with you to see if the problem has been solved.

If I have helped you resolve your concern and you have already rated my answer, I want to say "Thanks", and let you know you can still follow up on this concern if needed. Also, I want to let you know you can bookmark ->>> My Profile Page <<<- in case you have another automotive question in the future. Make sure to begin your question with "Robert R" so I will be able to easily find it

If we are still working on your concern, please post a reply so we can continue.

If you are happy with my answer and have not left a rating, please do so asap to complete the transaction. It is greatly appreciated as I recieve no compensation until you do so...

If you're not satisfied with my answer, BEFORE rating, please post a reply with a short explanation as to why. I may have a better explanation for you... It also helps me to refine my answers to help future customers more thoroughly and efficiently.