Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

1987 dodge aries .....i need pics of the steering column…

1987 dodge aries .....i need...
1987 dodge aries .....i need pics of the steering column inner workings. i was changing the ign switch and the rod came off from the upper inside of the column. so i took it all apart and while hooking the rod back up another piece fell down from somewhere in the unit right behind the key switch and i cant figure out how it goes back in. HELP...lol
3/8/2018
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

ok

Due to the age of the car, the diagrams are not the greatest but this is what is available. Have a look and see if this is of any help to you.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2m02b6auhwnc7ry/steering%20col%20Mar%207.pdf?dl=0

No, its nothing like that at all.nothing else out there?

Okay, there is one other option, see it in the link below. If this does not work, let me know and I'll open this back up for you.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o13zsp3z3hixi38/Non%20tilt%20Mar%207.pdf?dl=0

Ron, ASE Certified Technician
No what i need is inside the steering wheel assembly according to that diagram

Is yours without the Air bag?