Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2015 dart sxt. car is stalling out while idling or…

I have a 2015...

I have a 2015 dart sxt. car is stalling out while idling or at a light or when foot is off brake.when a/c is idling rough. almos like tune up needed. tune up was done. alternator and battery tested ok. new alternator and battery put it about 5 months ago. car has about 80,000 miles

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?

Brake fluid? why would it stall out and shut down? sometimes it tirns over quickly and other times it takes 4-5 times to turn on

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Dart yourself? What have you tried so far?

No. i am not. lo

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Licensed mechanic mechanic has always done repairs. 2014 model seemed to have all these symptoms with nothing diagnosed or fixed

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
when can i expect some type of answer
3/8/2018
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

What is the idle speed in drive at operating temp?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
In most cases its been 10 mph or less. Then when car is stopped at light or slowing to come to a stop.It happened to me 3 or 4 times at about 20-30 mph on a straight away also when i took my foot off the gas. Seems to be mostly when the foot is taken off gas pedal.Turn over can b 1st try or 3 or 4 tries.

What is the rpm idling in drive not moving?

Any warning lights on while running?

Will this stall occur when coming to a stop in neutral?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
When it starts cutting off the only thing that comes on is battery light in red.I would put it in neutral and rev engine. I think that avoided a stall

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am not sure of rpm idling in drive. It seems like it is hesitating or tune up symptoms . Also when a/c is put on it seems like it will stall. We had a tune up done a few months ago.

I believe your concerns are coming from the electronic throttle body. I would disconnect both battery cables, hold them together, clean the throttle body bore and plate. Reconnect the battery. Run a full tank of gas with double strength fuel injector cleaner through it. Let me know those results.

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ChrisSounds plausible. I thank you for your time. If youvare right i will give you a 10 rating and forward a bigger deposit.My mechanic who i have used for years is normally right on. With this he had no clue and was guessing . The fuel pump came up as he thought maybe it was fuel pump starti g to fail.

A fuel pump will fail when it is under its hardest use. Those times are: making enough pressure to restart when the pump and fuel are already hot, and when under full throttle and high load using a lot of fuel.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Today at mechanis it started fine and did not stall out. We have not run it in a few days for fear it woukd stsll out on fwy at high speed which would b death trap. I would stsrt it and run it a few minutes. Nothing would happen. I dont think between that and today at shop it was run long enough

Keep in touch if I can help more.

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
When it happened to me the car wasnt in use for about 3-4 hours at nite. When i got back into it air temps were in high 40's and car was stalling inside 5 minutes of being started. That doesnt sound lime fuel pump description
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you ChrisLarry

You are welcome

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
how much would you believe this should cost

The steps I outlined about 140$ at a shop, that is without replacing parts.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
how bout if new parts are needed

I would have to guess there, it could be up around 500-700$

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thank you chris. will let you know

You are welcome

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician