Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2010 2500 turbo left rtont turn signal comes on the dash as…

2010 2500 turbo...

2010 2500 turbo left rtont turn signal comes on the dash as out.. the flashing changes speed then returns to normal in a few minutes or bumps in the road later?? I can't get the bulb out through the hole in the fender plastic splash guard. and ideas?? where to start.?? thanks, Mac

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse?

No because it keeps coming back to "normal" I doubt the bulb for the same reason.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Turbo yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just tried to get the bulb out,, but can't get my fat fingers in to turn the bulb holder --- then it fixed self, but soon "bulb Out" on the dash again.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is there a likely wire open know problem in a specific place?? the truck is used on wash board dirt roads and some desert rough roads.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Dodge RAM
3/8/2018
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

The problem is either the bulb itself, a wiring or connection issue. Wiring and connection issues do happen but it's much more likely to be a bad bulb, and the first thing you'll want to do is inspect the terminals that mate to it and replace the bulb.

To replace the bulb you need to remove the headlamp assembly. The cover between the grille and core support needs to be removed, and then the grille removed. You can then access the 10mm bolts that hold the headlamp housing to remove them.

Through the access panel in the wheel well you'll press upward on the headlamp assembly retainer latch, and then remove the headlamp assembly. Once it's out then you can replace the bulb and visually inspect the terminals and the wiring in that area.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

sprinkles08
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry for waiting so long-- old age-- You should add that the grill has a plastic latch and needs to be jerked out of its bottom mount after the latch is raised. not fun to learn with old thin skin in sharp plastic. thanks. Mac
sprinkles08
sprinkles08