Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My traction control light is on and 4x4 does not work. It…

Customer Question
My traction control light...

My traction control light is on and 4x4 does not work. It has a floor shifter not electrical control

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you know the code? Did you check the fuses?

No not yet

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

2014

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I’m going to try to fix it myself but have not tried anything yet

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Only that it is floor shift

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Dodge
3/6/2018
Dodge Mechanic: -Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech replied 5 months ago
-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Good afternoonIf your planning on repairing this yourself you first need to have someone connect a scantool and see what codes you have in all the modules. If you can have this done codes post the codes here so I can tell you how to repair it.Talk soon,
Brad
I will. Thank you

You are very welcome..

Just post here when you get the codes so we c an continue..

I see that this question is still open.. Did you need more help?

I had the codes ran today. They said it’s mechanical which is causing the traction control light to come on. I’m going to put it on my neighbors 2 post and tear into it Wednesday. Transfer case is shifting so it’s between the output at the transfer case and the hubs. Figure I’ll start at the hubs and work my way in. Thanks

Do you have the codes from the DTCM module? What is your VIN number?

No sir I don’t. They wrote them down but they are in the truck and I don’t have it with me right now. I’ll get my girlfriend to text me in the morning and I’ll send them to you

Perfect!!

When I get a vehicle in my dealership with a ABS light I first connect my scantool to see what codes it has.. This will tell me a lot of information on if it's a wiring or sensor issue. Once you get me the codes I will be able to pretty much tell you exactly what is happening and how to get it fixed..

Talk soon,

Brad

Any update?