Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I had thoughts of opening up that can of worms and your

Mark, I had thoughts of...
Mark, I had thoughts of opening up that can of worms and your direction only confirmed it. I removed the A pillar connection and pulled back the boot between the door and A pillar and found two wired broken and several with insulation cracked wide open. Broken wires and wires with damaged insulation have been soldered, heat shrieked and tested.
I have one last question though. This Durango is equipped memory seats and I see the door harness ( what looks like the purple with blue tracer) with two resistors spliced to it (one is a 330ohm and the other is 100 ohm resistors). Each resistor has a two twisted 20 gauge wires that were strung through the A pillar bulk head connector and were both broken. I can not find a wiring diagram that illustrates where the wires run. I can't find the other end of the wires (one is blue and white and blue tracer wire twisted together and the other is a red and white with red tracer. Where to the go or do I assume they are both ground wires?
Your assistance would be appreciated and I will provide another rating and tip when completed.
3/6/2018
Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician

Hi, I am Mike, welcome. I'm reviewing your question.

Here is that Memory Seat Circuit.

Did that answer your question? If so, kindly leave me a positive rating, so I get credit. After all, you have already made the deposit.
If you don't, the deposit you made will just sit there and I won't get my share of it.
Just because you became a member doesn't mean you don't still have to rate the expert when done so he gets credit for his time.

Mike,
Thanks for your timely response and the wiring schematic, but I think I may have confused you somewhat.May-b I'm missing it but the resistors and wires I'm inquiring about are not illustrated on this schematic connector. The resistors wires I'm asking about are incorporated into the driver's door wire harness and the twisted wires are strung though the A pillar, I do not see them on this schematic. This schematic looks as if it is for the pedals and under seat wiring. Again I'm looking for where do the twisted wires off of the resistors run to??

Is it at the resistor block shown here?

Does anything else not work so I would have a clue as to what wiring diagram to look up?

They are all dark blue/'s

Here are the windows and locks diagrams.

Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 30+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

I'm wondering if you still need help with this. Did you figure out anything about those resistors? Can you take pics of the resistors and the twisted wires and post here? Click Here for Document Upload Instructions

This will definintely help.
Also, I need to know if there is an aftermarket alarm system installed in this vehicle??

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master