Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Gota 2006 dodge dakota got it oct 2017 backing out of

Hi gota 2006 dodge...

Hi gota 2006 dodge dakota got it oct 2017 backing out of driveway in 4wheel. hear a loud clunk looked it over the mount on the pass side casing broke an while taking it out saw that it was broke on top of pumkin also.so we put in a new diff. now it only had two bolts on the pumkin &two bolts on the pass side , two weeks later backing out of aparking spot it broke again. whats missing?

Mechanic's Assistant: Besides this, what condition is the car in?

Its in good condition.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Dakota yourself? What have you tried so far?

Like i said changed the differential .

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It dosnt seem like it has eoungh support somthings missing.

3/5/2018
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• THE TIME I AM ONLINE, 7 days a week normally online around midday and then late evening until early morning.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website normally after my first reply. I complete calls where I feel it is a benefit.
  • UPLOADED LINKS I SEND, if I upload dropbox links, they will open on a home PC, often they fail on a work PC, on a phone use the box on the top right of your phone screen for direct download.

Were you in 4wd again when it broke?

Do you have stock suspension and tires?

i wasi4wd.yesit has stock suspension

Describe the condition of the road you are on. dry or wet pavement, dirt, mud, concrete, snow or ice?

well its a dirt road the day it broke was snow that was the second time. the frist time was the day i got it dirt rd.bill

On this dirt road is it not passable when using 2wd?

it is most days .frist time i was just tring the 4wd

This design is a weak area and will fail prematurely anytime you use 4wd in situations it is not needed in where binding will occur from the driveline front and rear fighting each other. Make sure both axles have the same ratio and all tires are the same circumference. Beyond that, a machine shop may be able to make you a stronger attachment point to prevent this.

You now will see a rating scale 1=bad to-5=excellent because I have posted a full or partial answer instead of an info request. When you rate I get a portion of the deposit you made, no rating means you still paid, but I earn nothing. My goal is understanding your question, and addressing it in full detail. In return, receiving a 5-star rating. Rating does not close the post or stop the conversation. Please keep in contact and reply as much as needed. Thanks, Chris

thats what i figured

Anything else you need from me or are you pleased with my help?

where would be the best place to brace it . I just ordered a diff. for it?

Bracing to the frame would be best.

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician