Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

When the hatch back is closed the lights stay on and the…

When the hatch back...

When the hatch back is closed the lights stay on and the dash shows the hatch back is open

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2013 Dodge Journey awd

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Journey yourself? What have you tried so far?

I tried to find the sensers but do not know where it is

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thank you

3/1/2018
Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Dodge Technician

Welcome to Just Answer my name is Mark.

The latch for the liftgate incorporates an ajar switch that will alert you when the hatch isn't closed. In your situation, this ajar switch is likely faulty but since it isn't sold separately, you would need to replace the complete latch.

I hope that helps to answer your question, but if you need anything further just let me know. Thanks.

10 thank you

You're very welcome.

Please don't neglect to leave a positive rating before leaving the site today. Much Appreciated.

Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Dodge Technician