Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Does absolutely nothing when key is turned. Car is in

Does absolutely nothing when...

Does absolutely nothing when key is turned

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?

Car is in neutral

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

2005 Dodge neon

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Neon yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes and everything

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Have power to everything but the fuel pump doesn't kick on and there's a red Dot on the dash in the upper right hand side

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My code reader will not link to the computer, it says error after a few minutes. Have dash lights and all exterior lights work. Radio works. Used a power probe tool to check all connections an they seemed to be ok also used the same tool to give the starter power and got it to turn the engine but it didn't fire
2/25/2018
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH

Hi, my name is ***** ***** red dot means the computer does not recognize the key, have you tried a spare key in this yt?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't have another key

then you will need to have the key reprogrammed into the computer, the dealer can do this, but we use mobile locksmiths to come out and program them, they are cheaper and saves a tow bill to the dealer, but until the computer sees the correct signal from the key, it will not allow it to start,Tim

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok.. cause that red light has never shown up before

it wont if the computer recognizes the key, it only comes on when there is a problem with the key?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Cause my brother in law and eye worked on it for hours yesterday with absolutely no luck with anythin
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you for the help

Anytime my friend, please dont forget to rate me, so I can get credit for helping, thanks,Tim

Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH