Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

On a 1996 Dodge ram 2500 with a diesel engine. Can I put in…

on a 1996 Dodge ram...
on a 1996 Dodge ram 2500 with a diesel engine. Can I put in a electric cent. pump in fuel feed line
& not pull the in tank pump.
2/21/2018
Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Technician

Hello, I am Randall. 1996 diesel does not have in an tank pump so may I ask why /what you want to do? thanks

Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Technician
I now know where the feed pump is, but I have more questions.
On the 96 dodge diesel, I bought a Chilton book , and I now understand where the charge pump is.
My question is, in the past when I turned the switch on I heard a electric motor. I no longer hear anything. I thought it was a charge pump.?
Phone call session started
What is the best way to test for fuel feed problem? charge or injector pump.