Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

New fuel pump. No pressure. 02 dodge 1500 4x4 4.7. This is…

New fuel pump. No...

New fuel pump. No pressure.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?

02 dodge 1500 4x4 4.7

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your B1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

This is the 2nd time in 2 months I have dropped the tank. First time the fuel gauge didn't work so I replaced the pump then last week it died with no fuel pressure. Replaced the pump today and still no pressure

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have 12v at the pigtail 2nd from the ground on the pimp

1/20/2018
roy
roy, import/domestic specialest

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

ok, what color wire has 12 volts???

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Blue with a black stripe
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I swapped the pump relay with the WIper relay - No change - Fuse #17 is good. I also swapped the ASD relay with the Wiper relay - No change
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
The fuse and relays checked out.

do you have power to the relay and then to the fuel pump connector to the wire listed in the diagram???

wiring and voltages need to be verified

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
No power at DG/WT - But I know it should only last a few seconds without a reading from the tach. I dont have anyone currently to help me turn on/off the truck while I hold my volt meter up there.

yep, key on it has voltage for 2 seconds only.

it will go to full power cranking.

verify power to the relay terminals 85 and 30 at the relay with key on.

Roy

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
12.3 at both

ok, jump 30 and 87 and see if the pump runs

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
With my fuel pressure gauge I attached and the key on i did this. No reading the gauge and also the fuel gauge on the dash still reads empty

did you jump 30 and 87???

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I did, the pump did not come on. Additionally I had someone turn the key on/off for me while I tested the pigtail at the DK/WT wire. 12.5V.

ok, good. verify the ground is good for the pump. if that is good the only thing left is the pump. you have verified all powers so it may be or most likely is a failed pump module.

at least it will be covered under warranty for you.

Roy

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Well... the ground is good. Must be a bad Pump. Thanks for your help.

your welcome

Please take a moment and rate my service 3 stars or better. that is the only way the site will pay me for my efforts.

Roy

roy
roy, import/domestic specialest

thank you

roy
roy
roy, import/domestic specialest