Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I just bought a 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4 5.9 the add relay…

Hi I just bought...

Hi I just bought a 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4 5.9 the add relay wasn’t in it replaced it started an ran for a few minutes and died now the relay just clicks now

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?

It has 274000 the people I bought it from said it was there daily driver tell one morning they went to start it and would just crank over they replace cap rotor still no start

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I bought it for my son

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It’s been setting for a few months as I said we pulled it home and I did some looking on the internet and everyone was mentioning asd relay and seen it was missing so I replaced it and it started an ran for a few minutes and died

Now the relay just clicks
Have ground coming out of the relay with a test light when we turn the key on the ground starts flickering with the clicking of the relay
1/20/2018
Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

HelloCustomer

Hello sir!

Your saying the engine cranks but does not start?

Does it have spark while cranking?

Does it run on starting fluid?

Have you checked for codes in the computer?

Would you be willing to speak on the phone?

I have no spark

Thank you for that information.

Do you know if the computer is awake with the key on?

Does the ignition coil have power while cranking?

Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician
I forgot to grab my code reader this morning
I put a asd relay in it this morning and it started an ran for a few minutes and then died and relay just clicks now

Please call me now

What’s the number
I tried the(###) ###-##### no answer

It was nice speaking with you on the phone sir.

Good luck and please let me know if you have any further questions.