Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a ‘08 magnum 2.7L. It got too cold, and cracked the…

I have a ‘08 magnum...
I have a ‘08 magnum 2.7L. It got too cold, and cracked the right head. I replaced the head, and water pump. I now have water coming out of the oil pump hole that oils the timining chain. Do I have a cracked block also?
1/20/2018
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue

if it is coming from oil pump hole then yes you have a cracked block ,

click on link to view oil pump .is it coming from behind it

Please Let Me Know
Thank You
Chad Farhat

Thanks Chad. The water is coming out of the hole on the front of the oil pump that oils the timing chain, that’s the only place I see it coming from. It’s squirting out pretty bad just turning the engine over.

okay , if it is squirting ,yes the only water coming from there is a cracked block, it must have got really hot ,i hate to tell you not what u want to hear

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You?Chad Farhat?ASE Certified Technician

Chad Farhat

Thank you for the Rating :)
If you need my assistance in the future, Start your Question with (FOR CHAD FARHAT ONLY) or Go to my profile page
You can also add me as Favorite expert for any future questions
http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-chadfarhat/?rpt=3800

I did not know there were freeze plugs behind timining cover. The picture you show isn’t like my 2.7. Is there a freeze plug behind the oil pump?

you are right that was for a 5.7 liter ,pulled up wrong one, i m working on another post he has truck 5.7 liter

so no freeze plugs on yours that i can see

sorry my bad ,long day :)

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat