Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2008 dodge ram 3500 with a 6.7 6 speed. I just put…

Customer Question
I have a 2008...

I have a 2008 dodge ram 3500 with a 6.7 6 speed. I just put a new throw out bearing in it so I know clutch is good. it slips now and then. iT SEEMS LIKE CLUTCH PEDAL HAS NO FREE PLAY. iS THERE A WAY TO ADJUST?

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?

ONLY SLIPS ONCE IN A AWHILE. NO TROUBLE SHIFTING

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram yourself? What have you tried so far?

YESW, I PUT A NEW CLUTCH IN IT ABOUT 6000 MILES AGO. NEW THROW OUT BEARING JUST ABOUT 100. MILES AGO. CANT FIND ADJUST FOR PEDAL

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

NO, iM A FORMER gM MECHANIC SO I HALF WAY KNOW WHAT IM DOING. LOL

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dodge
1/18/2018
Dodge Mechanic: roy, import/domestic specialest replied 7 months ago
roy
roy, import/domestic specialest

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

NOTE: Perform the following procedure, when replacing only the clutch disc on Diesel vehicles with Dual Mass Flywheel and self- adjusting pressure plate. The pressure plate must be reset before installing a new disc.

1. Support pressure plate flange with press blocks (3) on a press.
2. Center press ram (2) on the pressure plate diaphragm spring fingers (1).
3. Compress the diaphragm spring fingers (1), until tension is released from the stepped adjusting ring.

Zoom/Print

4. Place two screwdrivers against two of the three stepped adjusting ring (1) tension spring stops, just ahead of the adjusting ring tension springs on the pressure plate (2).

Zoom/Print

picture and procedure below. there is no external adjustment only the internal adjustment

Roy

5. Rotate stepped adjusting ring (1) on the pressure plate (2) counterclockwise until the coil springs are fully compressed. Then hold adjusting ring while releasing the press pressure.
6. Remove the screwdrivers. The pressure plate is know adjusted for a new clutch disc.

are you there??

do you need any other help???

Please take a moment and rate my service 3 stars or better. that is the only way the site will pay me for my efforts.

Roy

did you do the adjustment on the pressure plate??