Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2008 aspen, right side overhead courtesy light is usually…

Customer Question
2008 aspen, right side...

2008 aspen, right side overhead courtesy light is usually dim, sometimes flickers. What is wrong?

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

The overhead console light on passenger side.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Aspen yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am a mechanic by trade. I have never experienced this particular problem, on this particular vehicle. I have done nothing yet, just looking for advice.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

This is my own vehicle and I have only had it for a few months. This problem has been there since I bought it.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dodge
1/18/2018
Dodge Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started! This would be a ground, voltage or connection issue, with light bulb in monitor voltage and then with out bulb

I suppose what I a am looking for is someone who has seen a similar problem. Is there a body control computer involved, is it the light itself. Is this a LED light. It is just the passenger side, drivers side is fine. Is this a common problem. Is there a notorious problem with grounds on this vehicle or something of that nature. I was looking for someone to steer me in a direction. I do not have the vehicle here now, I was not intending to fix the vehicle tonight, just looking for advice. Can this be continued tomorrow, I have to go pick up my son?

no its not an normal issue and you would just want to start out lie I said in the first replay and yes you can contact me tomorrow at no extra charge