Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

I have a 2002 dakota that i bought with no keys at all.so i…

I have a 2002...

I have a 2002 dakota that i bought with no keys at all.so i changed the bcm and pcm from a non security truck i did get the truck to run,i locked the doors and when i opened it up the alarm went off and lights stated flASHING/..IM ABLE TO STILL START THE TRUCK WITH THE ALARM GOING OFF ITS KEEPS RUNNING WITH THE ALARM GOING,,HJOW DO I SHUT THE LIGHTS AND HORN OFF,.,I HOPE THAT MAKES SENS

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the door switches?

WHEN I OPENED UP THE DOOR THATS WHEN THE ALARM WENT OFF...THE PASS DOOR LOCK IS MESSED CANET USE A KEYT

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Dakota yourself? What have you tried so far?

MYSELF\ ICHANGED THE BCM STEERING COLUMM AND PCM TO ALL NON SECRITY

1/17/2018
Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician

Hello and welcome!

My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question.

Have you checked for codes in the computer?

May I start by getting your VIN?

Would you be willing to speak on the phone?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Not right now i cant 5alk..i dont have the vin handy at monent

Ok, no problem. May I start by getting your engine size?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No codes have come up..the drivers door was changed also so the vin is on the door
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No i dont want to talk on the phone and pay again
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
4.7 quad cab pd pw ps automatic 4x4

Thank you.

One moment please

So you dont have a key fob or transmitter for the vehicle to turn off the alarm?

Was the central timer module checked or replaced? It might just be as simple as that.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I chaned the bcm pcm and because I had no keys they got lost I change the BCM PCM in steering column 222 no security and the car starts and the truck starts but when I went to unlock the door the alarm went off in the truck still starts but the alarm goes the lights flash in the horn goes off I haven't checked the ctm

I would be willing to bet the CTM is faulty or there is a wiring issue to/from the CTM.

Here is a procedure you can use to disarm the alarm.

With the doors closed and the key out of the ignition, ground the Light Green/Orange wire at the CTM. This is the disarm circuit that goes to the door disarm switches on the lock cylinders. Keeping this wire grounded will prevent the theft alarm from arming again.

I am glad I can help! My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Wat do you mean ground it..i read onlone that jus cut then

YES ground that wire.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ehat do i cut the wire. And put wat end to ground..ordo i or do I just shave part of The Wire make it bare and put it to ground
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
With it still attached to the ctm
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't want to burn nothing up or mess it up
That is the signal wire into the module to turn off the alarm. Yes you can grounded and leave a grounded. You won’t hurt anything
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do i cut it. From the ctm

YES sir.

But leave enough room or length or wire from the module to run it to a good ground.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i cut it anf put the wirefrom module to ground..correct soory but im not a mechanic and need stuuff explained good..
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Wat do i do with the othr end of the wite

YES, you connect the wire to ground that goes to the CTM.

Just leave the other wire alone, dont do anything with it.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I did eat you said and it still going off

Ok, then the CTM is fault and will need to be replaced.

I am glad I can help!

Please don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "5 STARS or SMILEY FACES" for assisting you today.

Keep in mind, we can still continue this conversation at no further cost to you even after you rate my answer. Just reply back to me using this page and I will get it and get back to you ASAP!

I just ask that you allow time in between replies as I may be helping other customers or offline spending time with the family.

Also, if you are a member or if you have a subscription to the site, you still need to rate my answer in order for me to get credit for assisting you with your question.

You should see the rating system towards the top of the page.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks and have a great night!!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I didnt do it with the doors closed .im very big and unable to it like that
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Does that matter

You could re try it with the doors close.

If the problem remains, replace the CTM.

Glad I can help! Have a great night and please dont forget to rate!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
You mean close the doorsthe hook up the wire
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Then hook up wire

YES

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I did that and will stay off but when i open the fdoor it goes off

Ok

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
would that be the ctm still
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Also when i gotoa junkyard to get a ctm does it have to besame year as mine with extras 4wd pw pd etc
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
motor size nd all

YES, it needs to be the same part number.

Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician
Amedee
Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician