Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I started my truck let it idol for about 10 mins went to…

I started my truck...

I started my truck let it idol for about 10 mins went to leave the drive way it idoled down and shut off not it will not start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

They are fine and good connection

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?

Changed fuel filter checked battery tried to jump it off lift pump is working. what is MINI

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No can i be connected

Answered in 1 minute by:
1/15/2018
tech0405
tech0405, Technician

Good afternoon do you have fuel pressure while cranking the engine ??

I havent checked that i can hear my lift pump running

Can you tell me what model , year and engine dodge you have ??

2000 ram 2500 5.9 cummins
Its like its not firing it just turns over

I will out of this question and see if the diesel techs can help you out i dont work on diesels someone should be with you soon

ok thank you
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH

Hi, y name is ***** ***** cold is it where you live, how cold was it that morning?

its was about 20 but i check the fuel filter and it was not gelled it started idoled for about 10 min and when i was leaving idoled up and then down then shut off. now all it will to is turn over

it may not be gelled in the filter housing, but rather the fuel line which is common when you let it idle when that cold, have you pulled a line at the filter housing and see if fuel is flowing when cranking?

I havent and will tonight do i need to pull it from the lift pump?

no, just open the filter husing, and bump the starter, the fuel relay will come n for 20 seconds, see if it flowing in the filter, if it is not, then the fuel line is gelled and you will need to add some quick heat to the tank,Tim

thanks man

Anytime my friend, please dont forget to rate me, so I can get credit for helping, thanks,Tim

Is there a reason you wont rate me? I do not get paid unless you do?

Absolutely I will how do I do it

At the top of the page, there are 5 stars, you need to click 3 or higher for me to get paid,Thanks,Tim

???

Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Hey man I rated you and the truck is getting fuel what else could it be?

have you pulled codes from the computer yet?