Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

2010 dodge avenger no heat passenger side of vehicle. blend…

2010 dodge avenger no...

2010 dodge avenger no heat passenger side of vehicle. blend door actuator was replaced by a non dodge dealer. still no heat passenger side, actuator does work. Is there a calibration process for this car? single zone heat, manual temp control.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working? What about the coolant level?

Coolant level fine also thermostat good, driver side has heat

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Avenger yourself? What have you tried so far?

So far yes, checked blend door operation it is working. read that this is a common problem. dont know if there is a calibration process for this car

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I dont think so

1/13/2018
Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.
The calibration procedure is to disconnect the negative battery cable for 2 minutes and then reconnect it. Set the temp vontrol to mid way and then start the vehicle that will cause the HVAC control to perform the calibration. If the problem continues, then you have a partially plugged heater core and maybe flushing it will help. If not, then the heater core will need to be replaced.Chris
Let me know if the calibration works.
Chris
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
will try calibration, dont know if it was done when repaired. dont know why a plugged heater core would cause no heat only on passenger side and not on both. driver side fine. will try calibration. thank you.
It is the way the inside of the HVAC housing is designed these days. They are setup for passenger / driver temperature settings for some vehicles that have that option. My 2003 Ram had that same problem and it was the heater core. Good luck and let me know how it goes.
Chris
Hello , just checking back to see how it is going with the HVAC.Chris
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I did the calibration and it is still the same, hot driver side and cold passenger side. it is manual single zone heat. I have read numerous reports of this complaint on avengers, told that the heater cores are faulty from factory.

Yeah, I really think it is going to be the heater core to be honest with you. You might want to try flushing it first. It may help. If not, then have the heater core replaced.

Chris

I hope this information/answer is helpful, and if so would you please help me and rate my service using the stars at the top of the page or 'accept' my answer.
Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A.
If you cannot rate or do not see where to rate, please let me know!
You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept. Thank-you!

Chris

Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman

Thank you for accepting my answer! I will leave this session open for a few days just in case you have any follow up question!

Chris

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank You

My pleasure!

Chris

Chris
Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman