Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Wiper arm and blade do not press against? What causes this…

Customer Question
Wiper arm and blade...

Wiper arm and blade do not press against? What causes this and what is the solution?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?

Yes there is power to the unit

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

2006

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes we will fix the unit. Is lubrication the problem or parts?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dodge
1/12/2018
Dodge Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Do you have the right size blades on? and can you send pictures of where its not touching?

we have the right size blades on the arm
Dodge Mechanic: Lou P., ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,keep in mind that since we are doing this over the internet I need as much info as possible about your issue no matter what seems important or not, all info is helpful. Also please do not simply rate negative if you find an issue with info that is relayed, I am truly here to help and will do what i can to get you the information you need,thanks!

looking over your story i need a few things clarified

1. what model dodge is it
  2. is it a front wiper blade or rear? depending on the model of course.
  3. what area do you live in and what has been the recent temperatures?

thanks, Lou