Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

It's stuck in first. When hooked to a scanner it shows

Customer Question
It's stuck in first ...

It's stuck in first

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

When hooked to a scanner it shows battery problem

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

I can't locate my alternator fuses

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Dodge?

I tried new battery still had the problem

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

2004

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

We've checked the fluids put a new battery in it put it on a scanner it ran battery codes it has a check engine light on it's will not come out of first gear when you driving sometimes it'll go to Second and gets stuck in 2nd the speedometer won't work in the car

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dodge
1/9/2018
Dodge Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 6 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you have not had the alternator tested this should be done first here.If the alternator has an issue this can create a low voltage fault causing this issue and it would need to be replaced.This can put the computers into a fail-safe mode with low voltage issues when running causing this issue you see.

But since you have no speedometer this can be the vehicle speed sensor not sending a signal which will cause this issue as well with it needing to be replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete