Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2011 Durango has popping noise when turning left only. Front…

Customer Question
2011 Durango has popping...

2011 Durango has popping noise when turning left only

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

Front end. It started recently and has gotten worse. Also feel vibration in steering wheel when it happens. Also happens at higher speeds

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Durango yourself? What have you tried so far?

Took it in to a mechanic and they are trying to figure it out. They tried putting it on a lift and driving in the air. It won't duplicate in the air. He drove it before that. He noticed the popping especially when turning left. Not right though.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think that's it. Thank you!

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dodge
1/8/2018
Dodge Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 3 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

They need to check the tie rod ends for any play.If any play is found in the tie rod ends on the left side this will cause this.They also need to check the ball joints for the control arms on the left side for any issues.If either a ball joint or tie rod end needs to be replaced you will also need to have an alignment done after one of these is replaced for this issue here.These will cause this noise as well as the vibration issue.

If these were already checked and found to be o.k. then they need to check and see if there are any issues with the strut/shock mounting with the left front strut/shock needing to be replaced.

I am leaning more on a tie rod end or ball joint as this is usually most common with what you have described here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Auto Service Technician