Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Randomly the battery goes dead and sometimes when the van is…

Customer Question
Randomly the battery goes...

Randomly the battery goes dead and sometimes when the van is off and key out of car the lights flash windows go down unlocks the doors its like it has a mind of its own

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the door switches?

No every thing has been working fine except when parked and no one ion it

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your MINI?

2010 town & country

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just a new battery 1 yr ago and new battery in key fob

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The dodge dealer said sounds like a corroded connection but they would need to look at it

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dodge
1/7/2018
Dodge Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 6 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

I can help you do a battery draw test to find out where the problem lies if you have a digital volt ohm meter. I believe it's going to come down to a faulty BCM or TIPM module in this scenario.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

I do understand the part regarding the battery draw but don't know what it has to do with the windows and doors and lights working with no one in the car the battery is not dead after this happens

The other issues than the battery failing are related to module issues.

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

I will be out of town the rest of the week so I won't have a chance to look at it not sure what the 2 modules are you talking about

BCM is body control module

TIPM is totally integrated power module.

Due to no rating within the first 7 days the post will time out and close on the 13th.

BCM is body control module

Hello, Chris here again,

Thanks Chris