Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Second opinion] 218000 0N 4.7L BURNING OIL THROUGH BOTH

Customer Question
RINGDS AND VALVES 1 QT...
Second opinion] 218000 0N 4.7L BURNING OIL THROUGH BOTH RINGDS AND VALVES 1 QT PER 1000. THE OIL IS GETTING TO THE SENSORS AND THE ENG DEVELOPS A MISS ON IDLE, THEN AFTER A WHILE RUNS RICH DUE TO SENSORS AND RUNS VERY POORLY. I WAS THINKING OF A HOTTER PLUG. REPLACING SENSORS IS ONLY A TEMP 400-500 MILE SOLUTION.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Dodge
1/7/2018
Dodge Mechanic: sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech replied 4 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

It will need to be determined where the oil is coming from. If the PCV system has been ruled out then a cylinder leakdown test can be done to check the condition of the rings and cylinder walls for each cylinder. If the leakdown test results are ok then the valve seals can be replaced; if leakdown percent is high then it will require internal engine repair or replacement.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

I have already rated you once and when I touched the green “rate me” box on my screen it would not respond. I assume this continuing “rate me” by the website is an effort to re-engage me to try again on the same question. That won’t happen because experts should know more about my issue, not just provide answers out of the Dodge manuals or tell me the same stuff as Autozone countermen with a computer. The experience wasted about 2 hours of my time and caused me to disgruntled for hours afterwards. Just don’t charge me (because I didn’t get anything) and let’s all move on. Thanks

Rating my performance is how I'm credited for helping you.

I'm not sure what kind of help you're looking for?

I am sorry you don’t understand, all I have done is responded to the last item in a string of stuff from a conversation with an expert who could not offer any solution than what I already knee. There is no reason for me to have further conversation so please cease and desist in sending me further queries. Thanks

If you no longer need help there is no need to reply.

sprinkles08
sprinkles08