Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Just tried to help someone jump their car with my RAM 1500…

Customer Question
Just tried to help...

Just tried to help someone jump their car with my RAM 1500 ecodiesel and the cables got hooked up backwards. There was a little smoke and I quickly disconnected, but radio, and heated seats/steering wheel not working

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse?

Would they be on the same fuse

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Ram 1500?

2015

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not much, I'm trying to figure out if I can just get some fuses or if it's worse than that

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

There was a melting plastic smell, but I disconnected quickly so is it possible that the damage is not too bad

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dodge
1/5/2018
Dodge Mechanic: Steve, Automotive Expert replied 7 months ago
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

have you not checked fuses?