Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My fuel pump does not work properly, what I do? Never, it…

Customer Question
My fuel pump does...

My fuel pump does not work properly, what I do?

Mechanic's Assistant: Has your car been stalling?

No, never, it just do not start in the morning even tho it's plugged all night

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

2012 Dodge Grand Caravan

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Grand Caravan yourself? What have you tried so far?

I bought a new battery, change all spark plugs, winterized it, and yesterday add some fuel injector cleaner in my gas tank

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think it is the fuel pump

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Dodge
1/5/2018
Dodge Mechanic: Mike S., ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician

Hi, I am Mike, welcome. I'm reviewing your question.

If the fuel pump doesn't run for 2 seconds after you first turn the key to run, before you turn the key to start and there is no security light remaining on, check the fuel pump fuse. It is the M25 fuse in the TIPM under the hood drivers side.

Don't forget to rate me well, so I get credit. If you don't, the deposit you made will just sit there and I won't get my share of it.

Mike S.
Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician