Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I'm in the middle of putting the 8.4 in place of my 5.3 in…

Customer Question
Hi Brad, I'm in the...
Hi Brad, I'm in the middle of putting the 8.4 in place of my 5.3 in my 14 bighorn. I bought the 8.4 off of Ebay. (Its from a Durango), Serial #: T00BE279370813
Model #: VP4 CA
Type: CMC
Supplier: 36670 J
Part #: 68185346AE
FCC ID: QNG-BE2800
IC ID: 6434C-BE2800
XM ID: DKKE3481
The seller the seller did not provide theft code, can you help me?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Dodge
1/5/2018
Dodge Mechanic: Robert R, ASE Certified Master replied 7 months ago
Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is ***** ***** looks like Brad is not available at the moment.

I'm sorry to say that we are no longer allowed to provide radio unlock codes online via JustAnswer. I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but you will need to go to your local dealership to provide proof of ownership of the radio. There should not be a charge for the unlock code once you provide the ownership information needed to verify nothing is stolen..

The best thing is to go down to your local dealer, visit the parts department. Take proof of ownership of the radio and give this along with the Radio Serial Number and VIN number from the vehicle that the radio is going into and have the parts counter person have the parts manager obtain the code for you. If you retrieve the code via the parts department, there should be no charges to obtain the radio anti-theft code..

Sorry about the bad news but just wanted to let you know the above info so that you are not sitting here waiting for the radio code that no one here can supply...

Thank you and thanks for using JustAnswer

Robert