Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

Hold. 2008 dodge grand caravan w/3.8 L. Loaded. The car

Customer Question
Please hold Mechanic's Assistant:...

Please hold

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

2008 dodge grand caravan w/3.8 L

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Grand Caravan yourself? What have you tried so far?

Loaded

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes the car won't turn over and acts dead. also, no clicking. i have forced the starter relay and the engine cranks well.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?

140k yes the starting is ok --- made a mistake it's 2007

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dodge
1/5/2018
Dodge Mechanic: david craig, Auto Mechanic replied 1 month ago
david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, thank you for visiting the site. Please allow me a few minutes to review your question.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the starter relay will not operate with normal key start, but I can operate the relay and the motor turns over well.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I also have another error code P0700
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
hello ?

p0700 is telling you that you have a transmission issue. you will need to have the vehicles transmission control module scanned for fault codes. a regular code reader will not do this. as far as the relay, did you actually check for voltage at the relay?

hows it going?

Jerry, Master Mechanic