Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

Trying to determine if transmission is a 45RFE or 545RFE.

Customer Question
Trying to determine if...

Trying to determine if transmission is a 45RFE or 545RFE

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Dodge. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Transmission was bought from a wrecking yard so no VIN to use. Identification needs to be done from numbers on the bell housing.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dodge
1/4/2018
Dodge Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 1 month ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

Do you know the approximate year the transmission is supposed to be

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I requested an automatic 4wd out of a 2007-2010 Dodge Ram 1500. ###-##-#### 52119976AB stamped on the bell housing on the side just above the seal for the pan.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Suspect they may have sent me an older transmission out of an earlier model Ram.

Ok, 52119976AB is the part number. It is for the 45rfe transmission

https://www.moparpartsgiant.com/parts/mopar-trans-auto-45rfe-4wd~52119976ab.html

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate pop up rating page. Thank you

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If not, at this time please RATE the answer.

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Unless you have a further question on this, at this time please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE 3 STARS OR HIGHER to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and experts are not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so. Thank you.

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager