Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

I have a dodge ram 15 larime 5.7, engine is warm but heater…

Customer Question
I have a dodge...

I have a dodge ram 15 larime 5.7, engine is warm but heater blowing cold air. I see the process to reset on 2012 dodge however was wondering if the same reset process works on 2013.

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to discuss this further with you. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

There's an existing thread covering the same issue but with a 2012 dodge 1500

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dodge
1/5/2018
Dodge Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

It should be the same have you tried it yet?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No not yet. Need confirmation on which button to actually hold and press. 2013 model, the hvac control noble is split into two parts, off and ac

I am looking that up now to confirm

Ok to reset this you will need to remove the battery cables for 15 mins and then re install and do a calibration with a scan tool to get it back to operating properly

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I need to take it to dodge?

or a smaller shop whatever you prefer but dodge would be ideal as they have the better equipment to deal with this

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
You need a scan tool to caibrate heat???

to calibrate the control unit yes

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. I would like to receive nothing less than a 5 star rating. If you feel we aren’t there yet please let me know or respond more so we can get the answer you feel is correct. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you. Negative ratings do not result in a refund so If you’re not satisfied with the work we have done so far please respond more and let’s get your question figured out. Thanks Shawn!

Mechanic01
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician