Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2013 dodge ram 1500 cold air blowing on drivers side/ hot…

Customer Question
2013 dodge ram 1500...

2013 dodge ram 1500 cold air blowing on drivers side/ hot air blowing on passenger side. both water lines going into dash are hot. assume door is stuck?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked for a leak in the radiator?

Yes coolant was a little low. I added to max line in reservoir. The passenger side is blowing very hot. Drivers side is blowing very cold.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I'm trying to not freeze on my drive to and from work. I'm hoping for a interim fix if possible before it can go in

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dodge
1/4/2018
Dodge Mechanic: Clifton B., Auto Service Technician replied 6 months ago
Clifton B.
Clifton B., Auto Service Technician

hi my name is ***** ***** i will be helping you today

the problem is normally cause by a bad mode door motor for the driver side you will have to replace that motor for the heat to blow hot remove the motor and turn the door lever by hand to the hot position

figured as much its below zero here and im looking for temporary fix. Where do I locate the motor for the driver side. I can see it for the passenger side. There is a plastic cover down by accelerator that I can remove will this give me access to the motor or do I get at it through the radio part of the dash?

the motor is locate don the passenger of the truck remove the glove box to get to it

it is locate don the passenger side but it control air flow to the driver side

do you have any more questions ??

I located the motor. I need to disconnect and then how do I manually open the closed driver side?
guess I'm asking how to turn the door lever

the center of the motor will be attach to the pivot for the door just use a flat bled to turn it in the same spot the motor would

do you have any more questions . if not please rate the service before you go as this is the only way for me to get credit thanks.

please remember to rate thanks.

Did not work. Can make the vents open and close but still blowing cold. Driving home now

then you have a problem with the door inside the box it will need to be remove taking apart and inspect

r u sure you have the correct door there are 3 of them on that side of the box