Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I was driving an I could feel the brakes like not

Customer Question
I was driving an...

I was driving an I could feel the brakes like not disengaging all the way .it got worse and worse until now I'm stuck my ride won't even roll

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Are these the orignial brakes?

300.000 miles not original brakes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

95 dodge van

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 9-5 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just got out of hosp last night for heart failure I'm very limited in what I can do

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It seems it gradually stayed on the brakes until now it won't roll at all when running and in gear it almost burns rubber to even move

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dodge
1/4/2018
Dodge Mechanic: Mike V., Auto Mechanic replied 6 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Mechanic

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

This is usually the result of a bad brake master cylinder. Check the fluid and make sure it's not over full. If it's to full the fluid can heat up and apply the brakes. Sometimes a misadjusted brake light switch can do this as well. Otherwise it's probably going to need a new master cylinder.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!