Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

Drivers door loses communication and I have internittiant…

Customer Question
Drivers door loses communication...

Drivers door loses communication and I have internittiant failures of the window, door locks, mirror, mirror heater, and temp sensor but not all at the same time

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the connectors on the sensor itself? It's important that they not be loose or corroded.

What sensor?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

2013 Ram 2500 Big Horn

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes and have some help with a code reader. I have a check engine light for a ton of lost communication. Tried to see if its wires that are broken but its too internotaant

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Don't have heat on drivers side either

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dodge
1/4/2018
Dodge Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 1 month ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The first thing to check and I would say most common is, check the wiring leading from the door to the body on the driver's side.If there is any broken or damaged wiring this will cause this type of fault here and would need to be repaired.I have seen this as most common with the wiring making contact then breaking off contact due to the wiring damage.Usually, the rubber wiring loom has to be peeled back some to access the wiring to then inspect it for any issues.If this is checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That has been checked already and I tried the connections also
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The fact that its all the devices on the door and different times supports this not being a physical wire breaking. I have moved and checked them over and over and one day the window or door lock will work and an hour later one of both wont work.

Are all windows and locks affected when this happens?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no just driver door.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Wait, Yes, I cant lock or unlock any door when the locks have failed.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Once the remote locks even went out

Looking at some diagram info on this now and I will post back here shortly.

Thanks Pete

Does the passenger window still operate when the drivers quits?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
nothing has failed on the passenger door expect when i try to control it form the drivers door.

O.k., unfortunately, my diagrams are not complete on this model here.Let me open this up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further with this issue.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Dodge Mechanic: sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech replied 1 month ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

The driver's door module is going down for whatever reason. It will require some electrical testing at the time the problem is happening to determine exactly what is going on. After confirming the module is down then it's powers, grounds and bus voltages will need to be checked. As mentioned, a wiring issue between the A pillar and door inside the boot is by far the most common cause for this, but you could definitely have a bad door module.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have purchased a spare Door module, do you think I should just swap it out?

Yes, you could opt to just replace it and see if that takes care of it.

sprinkles08
sprinkles08