Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

Service exhaust system come on. It is km but I think it

Customer Question
Service exhaust system come...

Service exhaust system come on

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? How has your mileage been lately?

It is km but I think it translates to appox 65000 mi it is a 2013 ram 3500hd diesel

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried to do a desoot with my scanner but it will not stat the desoot procedure check eng light on 3 code all for particulate filter

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It is very cold here and at seems to have started when the tempp droped to -11 c

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Dodge
1/4/2018
Dodge Mechanic: sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech replied 1 month ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Almost any fault code being set other than a soot accumulation code will prevent a forced regeneration from happening. It may be a matter of clearing codes and it may run, or there may be a deeper problem that needs to be repaired first.

What P codes are currently setting?

sprinkles08
sprinkles08