Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Key locked up won't turn. New keyi. 2006. Sprayed some pb…

Customer Question
Key locked up won't...

Key locked up won't turn

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

New keyi

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Dodge?

2006

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Sprayed some pb blaster inside key hole and tapped end of key

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I'm on a slight hill and I turned wheel till it locked

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dodge
1/4/2018
Dodge Mechanic: sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech replied 6 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

If this didn't start because the column was locked in a way that the linkage in the column was bound up then the issue is either with the key itself or there is a stuck tumbler in the lock cylinder. If they shows damage or wear then it would be a good idea to try another key. Otherwise, replacing the lock cylinder will be necessary.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.