Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Just replaced the battery in the dodge ram truck, still

Customer Question
Just replaced the battery...

Just replaced the battery in the dodge ram truck , still won't start, asking for serial code. Tried using the key in the driver door but still doesn't work.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Brand new battery

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Ram?

2012 laramie

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram yourself? What have you tried so far?

Put on a brand new battery

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Dodge
1/4/2018
Dodge Mechanic: sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech replied 6 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

There are quite a few things that will cause a no start condition and it's going to require some electrical testing to determine exactly what is going on. Since you replaced the battery I'm assuming that it doesn't crank. The problem may be the key, wireless ignition node, it could be transmission range sensor related, wiring, the problem may be with the powertrain control module, the starter, cables and connections.

Is there any noise from the engine compartment when turning the key to the crank position?